Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nude Lipsticks Review

So I decided to take a picture of some of my nude lipsticks that I have worn a lot this past 2014. (I have quite a few more that are not in the picture that I will provide my thoughts at the end of this blog post.)
 
I love to play with the eyes so for 2014. I been wearing a lot of "smokey eyes" look in brown, black, gray, blue, green, purple, so on and so forth. All smokey eyes and sometime I would tone it down a notch. But when I do flaunt my smokey look I think it's best pair with a nude lip because I don't want to look like a clown but it is also all about balance.
 
The type of "Nude" lipsticks I like are not too pale, with a tint of pink tone and brown tone in the mix. As you can see below there's 10 lipsticks in nude but every single one of time comes off a bit different.
 
From the back left to right:
Maybelline Nude Line
930 Truffle Tease - This is a darker nude family. It's has more of the brown tone with a very light hint of pink. Kind of the "in" darker shade of nude for 2015.
945 Stormy Sahara - This is more of a pink tone nude with a bit of peachy tone. Perfect for the purple smokey eyes.
920 Nude Lust - Of the 4 Maybelline Nude line that I bought, this is my favorite of them all. This is a perfect nude for my skin tone. (MAC NC20) This have a perfect balance of pink and brown tone, this is a perfect color that my lips does not look like dead corps (THANK GOD). This is my go to nude lipstick when I am not sure what I want to pare with my smokey look.
915 Blushing Beige - This one is more of the light pink tone nude. It can look corps like on me as I am more pale. But what I like to do with this shade is to top it on my darker nudes or other lipsticks that I don't want it to look so dark.
Maybelline Whisper 20 Mocha Muse - This is a share tone of with a shine, a mix color of Stormy Sahara and Nude Lust.
 
Front Left to Right
MAC Honeylove Matte - This is a beautiful matte nude lipsticks that is quite similar to Stormy Sahara but it is mat.
Revlon Nude Attitude Matte - This is very similar to Blushing Beige but it's matte and also dries out my lip.
Too Face Naked Dolly - This is one of my favorite lipstick as it's hydrating and very pretty. The color is a mixture of Nude Lust and Blushing Beige and it have a very beautiful shine. It's extremely moisturizing but you will have to apply it often.
YSL #2 Blond Sensuel - My #1 favorite lipstick because it is moisturizing it last long and when I put this on it makes me feel fancy. Maybe it is my most expensive nude lipstick and the packaging makes you feel special. The color of this is more of the Pink Nude it does not make you look like a dead corp. :) It is shiny and it also smell pretty. The brand, packaging, feel, look, and color is all worth the money. (Sometime you need 1 expensive lipsticks that when you put it on it makes you feel special like a billion dollar.)
Becca Eloise - Matte pink-ish peachy tone. Very pretty and a dupe with MAC Honeylove. This one is very pretty and since it is in a smaller tube it's more precise on application. Moisturizing even though it is matte formula.
 

 
The picture above was taken for instagram and my friend on Facebook said I should do a review on them. I recommend all of them. As you can see I do not like glitter or metallic but I do have one that is and feel like I should mention the remaining of my nudes. 
 
Maybelline 715 Luminous Lilac - Is the only Metallic nude pink tone lipstick I have. After I got this I realized I dislike all metallic lipsticks. I have a few more metallic but after 2009 I never bought more. LOL I wore this a few time and sometime I use this on top of whatever lipstick I am wearing in the middle of my lips to help make it looks more plump. I use very little and I blend it in. (Good tips for lighter lipsticks or ones you hardly grab)
Revlon Soft Nude - Creamy Peachy tone nude, one if my all time favorite when I didn't have all the ones I mention above. LOL
Revlon Pink Cognito - I got this 2 years ago when it first came out. It looks a lot like my lips (My Lips But Better MLBB) I put it in the nudes because it not pink nor is it peach. Looks just like my lips and it's sheer.
L'Oreal Fairest Nude - This is my all time FAVORIATE DRUGSTORE NUDE. I either gave one to my mom, sister, God sister, best friend, friend, co-worker, friends friend or I recommended to them. Affordable pretty pinkish nude, it is creamy and have a nice shiny. It has a old lady smell to it but if you can pass the smell this is a must buy. (Oh and I have at least 3 back-ups as this is like my 4th tube) 
Flower Cosmetic LS1 Set Me Freesia - A matte brown nude. Its not dark brown still wearable for lighter skin tone. I ware this more in the summer as my complexion is a shade or 2 darker.
Rimmel London 070 Airy Fairy - My other #1 FAVORIATE DRUGSTORE NUDE in more of a Pinkish tone. I call this nude because on everyone that tried it on it looks more nude. But on me it's slightly more pink. Over all, this was a MUST mention item. I love love love this lipstick as well. I too have either gave one to my mom, sister, God sister, best friend, friend, co-worker, friends friend or I recommended to them. Affordable pretty pinkish nude (More pink than L'Oreal), it is creamy and have a nice shiny. There's a very small bit of golden glitter in this lipstick but you don't see it. And I think that's what makes it look so good. Every time I wear this lipstick I almost always get complement or asked what brand and color it is. MUST BUY.
Urban Decay Naked - I got this as a gift for my birthday last year and I was so excited. It's a beautiful lipstick. Smells nice, apply nice, long lasting even though it is moisturizing. Phis is a pinkish nude like L'Oreal but not as pink as the Rimmel London.
Hourglass Nude #6 - I got this from work. This is a brown tone nude as dark or darker than Truffle Tease. Moisturizing, but because it's so dark I don't ware it as often.
Lastly... UK Brand No 7 High Shine Lip Crayon Daydreamer - Another MLBB nude lipstick found in Target for $10.00 A mixture of L'Oreal and Urban Decay. Moisturizing but again it dries out my lip.
 
My friends says I have expensive lips that I cannot use drugstore lipsticks or lip gloss. Which is quite true but as you can see I still buy them as they are nice to try out and play with, without braking the bank.
 
You may ask why do I need all these nudes if they are all the same, it's because they are still very different. Different texture, color, and finish. I might do a PINK lipstick next. Let me know if you like this. Thank you for reading this far and have a wonderful lippie!
 
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*­­­­­~*~*
Email: liltinienana@gmail.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupWithNana?feature=guide
Twitter: http://twitter.com/liltiniprincess
Instagram: MakeupWithNana
Blog: http://makeupwithnana.blogspot.com/
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/MakeupWithNana
 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*­­­­­~*~*



No comments:

Post a Comment